HAPPY 2018 YALL! Im so excited for this year, and I have really high hopes for it. I figured what better way to kick off the year than New Years resolutions? These are just a few I'd share with y'all.
1. Be Kind. I've always had the mindset that being nice will get you so much further in life than being snotty and rude. This year I want to take that to the next level, I want to not only focus on being kind but also doing good. Im striving to do at least one good or kind thing a day for someone, whatever that may be. I want to touch peoples lives in 2018, and be a good influence. I can only hope that when people meet me they leave me thinking that I'm a kind person.
2. Dress to Impress. Ive always been the type of person to dress up anytime I left the house. In high school my mother used to beg me to put on sweatpants and a t-shirt, lol! Going into college after a few semesters that kind of changed. I found myself going to class in leggins, a sweatshirt, hair up in a bun and no makeup! I know that college isn't a fashion show, but I always feel SO much better throughout the day when I actually do something with myself. I grew up with being told that a southern woman always looks put together, and I always believed that but lost it along the way! Another reason for wanting to look my best is for first impressions. First impressions are EVERYTHING. I guarantee that when you meet people for the first time they will always look back at how you were dressed and never forget, it changes the way people treat you. I want to be someone that makes a great first impression and that people remember me in a good way.
3. TRAVEL, TRAVEL & MORE TRAVEL. A huge resolution for 2018 is to travel. Travel anywhere. Travel whenever I get the chance. 2017 was my big year of travel, growing up we never traveled much. Going to New York twice, and traveling all over the east coast gave me the travel bug. I saw things I never knew existed outside of my small town in Texas. It made me want to explore more than I ever have before. I have a few trips already up my sleeve for 2018 and I hope that I can achieve my goal to travel often.
4. Step out of my comfort zone. It's no surprise to my close family and friends that I'm terribly shy and also a homebody. This year I hope to come out of my shell a little bit more than I'm comfortable with. As I mentioned above, I traveled to New York twice in 2017, both for fashion. In May I went for a fashion studies tour with my college and in September for fashion week. Both times I was in different meetings and appointments, meeting various different people in the fashion industry. It made me realize my goal as a fashion studies student, all the dreams I had for my future career...but I wouldn't achieve those dreams if I didn't stand out and be heard. I needed to put myself out there and not hide behind others in order to get what I wanted and what I've always have dreamed of.
5. LOVE. It's nothing new that the world we live in has seen some terrible things happen to it. So to love on people is a big one. The small amount of love and gratitude I can give to someone could change their whole world. Not only love on people in general, but my loved ones. Im holding on to them a little tighter this year. My best friend, roommate and little brother left for boot camp last night that I'm writing this. My heart hasn't really hurt like this before. I couldn't be more proud of him and his choice to serve our country, but I also couldn't miss him more. A year is a long time but will also be here before I know it. Im holding my loved ones that I can still see and talk to everyday tighter and praying for my brother every chance I get. If you're reading this and have served or know someone that has served please know I'm so thankful for you. To all the people serving and the families that miss them, you are in my heart. Ive always had respect for the people that fight for our freedom, but its so different when you have someone you love serving. My love and prayers go out to you. May 2018 be a great year for you.
Alright, I'm off of my soap box. I would love to hear you guys' resolutions, feel free to share in the comments. I pray you all have a great 2018. I'm so excited for what this year has in store for Sweet Southern Darlin and I hope y'all are too! Tell your friends!
I LOVE COLOR. I used to only wear grays and blacks, but that all changed when I got into college. My style totally changed and I really got into color! Now my wardrobe is a ray of different hues. Color is a fun way to bring a piece of you into an outfit. Or in this occasion it was a way to bring brightness into the cold, gloomy day. Don't be afraid of wearing bright colors, you were born to stand out!
The blue sweater I'm wearing is from a small store in Flagstaff, Arizona. I can't remember the name exactly but I will try to find something similar.
The boyfriend jeans are from Old Navy! I couldn't believe it when I found these, they're so cute and fit like a dream! I have the skinniest chicken legs EVER and finding jeans is so difficult for me. These fit so nice, especially being boyfriend fit, and they're so cheap!! Definitely worth the price!
Now, my favorite piece of the whole outfit... SOCK BOOTIES! Sock booties are a huge trend this season, designer brands are coming out with different styles left and right! Not to worry these look just the same and are A LOT cheaper than the designer ones I've had my eye on. The boots are from Target and dare I say quite comfortable. I didn't know exactly how I would wear them so I was hesitant but after I styled them, I think they will be a favorite for the next few months!
My earrings are baublebar, probably my favorite place to get my jewelry. I love statement earrings, they can take your outfit to a whole new level. They're so sassy and fun to wear and a great piece to any wardrobe. These are one of my favorite pairs at the moment, and they're not heavy!